Layena Pellets or Crumbles
Purina Layena pellets or crumbles provide optimum nutrition for healthy birds and nutritious eggs. A 16%-protein, high-calcium ration formulated with prebiotics, probiotics, and yeast for top-producing laying hens once they reach 18 weeks of age.
Purina Layena pellets or crumbles are now available with the NEW Oyster Strong System™ for strong shells. Oyster shell provides another source of calcium when the hens need it most.
Oyster shell is a larger particle size than limestone. This means that oyster shell will stay in the digestive tract longer and will provide a source of calcium for eggshell production over a longer period of time than smaller particle sources of calcium.
This is especially important at night when eggshell formation is rapidly occurring and dietary sources of calcium are limited because the bird is not eating. This is a complete feed. Good for laying hens.
Added Marigold Extract
Balanced and Complete Formula
- Freshly-ground grains from North American Farms
- Calcium, manganese and trace minerals for strong shells
- Fortified with vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids
Calcium, Manganese and Trace Minerals
Essential Amino Acids
Key Levels of Vitamin A, D, E
Prebiotics, Probiotics and Yeast
Research-Backed High Quality Formulation
Rich in Antioxidants and Optimized Levels of Vitamin E
Caution: Store in a dry, well-ventilated area free from rodents and insects. Never use moldy or insect-infested feed.
|Crude protein, % min||16.0%|
|Crude Fat, % min||2.5%|
|Crude Fiber, % max||6.5%|
|Lysine, % min||.7%|
|Calcium, % min||3.25%|
|Calcium, % max||4.25%|
|Phosphorus, % min||.45%|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids, %min||100|
|Vitamin A||3,000 IU/l|
|Vitamin E||12 IU/lb|
- Feed Purina® Layena® free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina® Layena® is best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina Layena can be fed to adult female chickens, ducks and geese of laying age.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.