Purina Ultium Growth Horse Formula
Scientifically formulated high-fat, high-fiber feed that supports the development and physiology necessary to produce a strong, healthy, athletic horse.
Ultium Growth Horse Formula is formulated for broodmares and young growing horses.
Purina® Ultium® Growth Horse Formula was conceptualized after the Purina new product development team completed their successful launch of the original Ultium® Competition Horse Formula. The Ph.D. nutritionists at the Purina Equine Research Unit in Gray Summit, Missouri knew the advantages of feeding meticulously formulated, higher fat and fiber feeds to competitive athletes. But could the same principles be applied for young growing horses?
Since then, research spanning over four years was performed to develop a new feed formulated specifically for young growing athletes. Purina performed detailed scientific feeding trials on broodmares and young horses from multiple foal crops at varying ages, breeds and management situations. The research involved monitoring and measuring growth curves, body condition, joint health, activity levels, blood work and more to ensure optimal nutrient delivery to broodmares and growing horses.
The result was unique, industry-leading nutrition proven to support the development, growth and adaptive physiology necessary to produce a strong, healthy athletic horse. It’s another offering of advanced nutrition worthy of the Purina name. Purina® Ultium® Growth Horse Formula. It’s What It Takes®.
|Sustained Energy System®||
|Targeted Nutrition Delivery System ®||
|Backed by Over Four Years of Research||
|Purina® Amplify® High-Fat Nugget||
|Optimized Amino Acid Profile||
|Highly Digestible Fibers||
|Added Vitamins and Minerals||
|Controlled Sugar and Starch||
|BROODMARES||- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture*||7.00||9.5||12.0||14.5||17.00|
|ULTIUM GROWTH HORSE FORMULA (LBS/DAY)**|
|Gestating Mare, last 90 days||3.25||4.25||5.25||6.0||7.0|
|GROWING HORSES||- WEIGHT OF HORSE IN POUNDS -|
|Minimum Hay or Equivalent Pasture**||3.00||4.00||6.00||7.00||8.50||9.50||11.00||12.0|
|ULTIUM GROWTH HORSE FORMULA (LBS/DAY) ***|
|Growing Horses, Weanlings and 2 Year Olds***||6.50-7.50||7.00-7.75||6.25-8.25||6.75-9.00||7.00-9.00||7.25-9.00||7.00-8.75||6.75-8.50|
- Do not feed free-choice
- Feed at regular times (at least twice daily). When feeding rates exceed 1% of body weight, three daily feedings are preferred
- Any feed changes should be made gradually over a period of 7 to 10 days
- Changes in the rate of feeding should not exceed one pound per day for each horse
- Feed along with at least 1-1.5% of horse’s body weight of good quality hay or the equivalent in pasture to make a complete ration
- Have plenty of fresh, clean water available at all times
- Prevent the rapid eating by the horse of any feed stuffs
- Store feed in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects
- Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness or death
- This product to be fed to the animal species as directed on the label
- In addition to nutritional care and consultation, be sure to make regular veterinary checkups and farrier appointments part of your horse wellness program